TALK TO THE TEAM
As part of the CPA model terms of hire, it is your responsibility as the customer to ensure the machines you hire are suitability insured whilst on hire to you, through your own hired in plant insurance. We obtain these details from you, when initially setting up your proforma or credit account.
We understand there may be times when a customer doesn’t have a policy like this in place or the costs of adding this onto current insurance policies far outweigh the benefit – this is where the UPA damage waiver could be beneficial.
WHAT IS UPA DAMAGE WAIVER?
Even with the best operator, the safest machine and the most controlled working environment, accidents can happen. By taking out UPA damage waiver on your hire, you can safeguard yourself from the potential of costly repairs or replacement value of the machine if it’s stolen.
UPA damage waiver is not insurance, it is an agreement between yourself and UPA in addition to the CPA model terms of hire, which waivers our right to have the machine returned in the same condition as it was delivered in, for an agreed additional cost.
Any accidental damage costs, repair costs or total loss to your machine (except the exclusions listed below), above £500.00 worth of costs, when using trained operators, who have completed their daily checks on the machine and have stored the machine in a safe location when not in use. You are liable to pay the first £500.00 of any damage, repair or loss costs and UPA will take care of any costs above £500.00.
How much does UPA damage waiver cost?
Damage waiver costs an additional 20% of your machine hire rate only. For example, if your machine hire rate is £100.00 per week, your damage waiver cost would be an additional £20.00 per week.
Is the UPA waiver mandatory?
UPA damage waiver is compulsory for any hirers who cannot provide proof of a suitable insurance policy in place when opening either a proforma or credit account.
The following exclusions apply to UPA damage waiver:
- Any claims from third parties
- Gross negligence
- Use of the machine by non-qualified operatives
- Any damage caused by not correctly completing the operator’s daily checks
- Any paint spillages or overspray presented on the machine
- Any damage occurring as a result of the machine not being kept in a secure location when not in use
- Any damage caused by using the machine in anyway which is not in accordance with the manufacturer’s safety parameters
- Any damage as a result of hot works
- Any corrosion or damage from chemicals
- Any wilful damage
- Damage caused when transporting under any circumstances other than under the machine own power
- Any loss claims where a crime reference number is not obtained and provided to UPA
- Using the machine on a public highway
That’s our approach. Download
Our team are fully trained, our machines expertly maintained.
Download our Health & Safety & Environment Policy:
Individual, team, onsite, online. CONTACT THE TEAM
We’ll put the perfect programme together.